Sunday, June 6, 2010

Monhegan

Well, it's been a while since my last post.  I don't know if anyone is reading these, so I should view it more as a journal.

I've been on Monhegan Island for almost a week now.  The weather changes minute by minute.  This place is not the real world, yet it's very real and earthy.  I have taken 100's of photos, and have shared a few initial edits on Flicker.

The large format 4x5 film shots number more in the 10's, but it's been enjoyable.  Hopefully, they will come out well and over the next weeks and months, as they are developed, I will post them on my site and in this blog.

In the meantime, below is an abstract of one of the cliffs/rocks on monhegan.

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading it, Ace! And keep the blog entries coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Monhegan photographs. A challenge for you: Several Monhegan views may be forever altered in the coming few years, can you ensure good "before" pictures are available?

    1) a proposed 450 foot windmill atop Powerhouse Hill,(2) a planned R&D deepwater windmill research lease one to two miles off Lobster Cove, and (3) a future large array of pffshore windmills to the east in the Gulf of Maine.

    Matters not if one supports or disapproves of wind turbines; the changes day and night will be visually enduring. I especially wonder if you might do NIGHT photography, perhaps of the twinkling starfield reflecting on the calm Gulf of Maine from the cliffs and beaches on the southern and eastern shores of Monhegan on a moonless night. And in the future with the red blinkers. More info: http://monhegan.com/ (scroll down on right to "Monhegan Waters" category)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    All good suggestions, and I hope to get back there with my brother next May or June. I will make sure that I give the attention to these endangered views that they deserve!

    Thanks for the feedback, and sorry about the very late response!

    David

    ReplyDelete