Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So Much!



"So Much" seemed to sum up my thoughts.  Not only, Thank You "So Much" for your support, but "So Much" is going on in my little world of photography.  Almost too much, but a lot of little things--experimenting, new technologies, new photographers as friends.  Good things.  But also makes it hard to update here...but I'll give it a try!

I have three photos ready for a group show at the Saratoga Arts Center Gallery in May.  It's an eclectic group of photographers from the Captured Image Guild to which I belong.  I am also submitting an eclectic three photos.  One is a monochrome pinhole image on large format film; the second is a color large format photo taken with a view camera; and the third is a digital image from Monhegan in color.

Recently, I have been taking a lot of pinhole photos in large format, and putting together a kind of collection of "Saratoga" based pinhole photos.  I may add some non-pinhole images in monochrome to the mix.  I am doing this as I will be one artist in a juried show on June 10th during the Saratoga Arts Festival. The images I submitted were all in this genre... now I need to get me a tent!  And a lot of matting and framing to do!

So, the "pinhole" camera that I am using has both "pinhole" and "zone plate" options.  The pinhole is pretty self-explanatory.  A tiny pinhole.  Not as sharp as a good lens, but not bad.  Everything is in focus though.  The zone plate is a tiny version of this kind of pattern:



Just like the size of the pinhole affects the image quality, the number of rings and spacing affect the size.  This zone plate is only really visible under a magnifying glass, so it's pretty small.

The first images here are pinhole images:







And these are zone plate images:




Here's a slideshow of more pinhole photos taken recently:


So, there are other things happening as well, but I'll save those for another post....

1 comment: