Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back from Monhegan, Now to the Saratoga Arts Festival!

Just returned from a wonderful week on Monhegan Island, a small rock 12 miles off the coast of Maine, and a famous destination for artists.  Here are a few of the first negatives developed:

Pinhole Image on 4x5 film

View Camera image, antique soft focus meniscus lens, 4x5 film

Pinhole image on 4x5 film


I shot a LOT of film, but have developed very few negatives so far.  That's because I'm trying to get ready for the Beekman Street Arts Fair on Sunday, June 10th.  It's part of the Saratoga Arts Festival weekend.  This is a first for me--a juried art show ala tents set up on a closed street with all kinds of artists, music and food.  I thought I'd give it a try.

If you're in the area, I really hope you can stop by.  I'll have my view camera out and taking portraits.  There will be a variety of photos on display, with a lot of very different views of Saratoga through pinhole and zone plate cameras.

Here are a few photos that will be on display at the Arts Fest...

Historic Carousel, Saratoga Springs, Pinhole Camera, 4x5" film

Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Zone Plate Image, 4x5" film


1 comment:

  1. Monhegan is such a gift! I am delighted to see your photgraphs of such a magnificent place! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete