Friday, January 15, 2010

Books

I took a photography course at a public school's night classes when I was barely a teenager.  I still remember all that I learned about depth of field, f-stops and exposure, and so on.  That class, and other experiences like belonging to the Ridgewood Camera Club around the same time, was valuable.  I constantly find myself more knowledgeable in areas of photography than I expected.

But now I've been trying to further educate myself.  I've gone back to the basic and have been reading about camera theory, and things like film and exposure levels and lens properties.  It's actually interesting.  Right now I am reading Ansel Adams' first book of a three part technical series.  The first is called "The Camera".  Fascinating stuff.  The second and third are entitled "The Negative" and "The Print".

Another interesting book that I finished is "Using The View Camera".

Well, now I have to focus on getting the 30 framed photos organized for the show in Albany.  I have to hang them on Monday.  I'll take some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment